Hotel & Restaurant Law, Alcoholic Beverages and Entertainment Licensing
The firm represents hotels, restaurants, music venues, theaters, night clubs, bars, supermarkets and package stores throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Whether opening a new establishment, acquiring an existing business from a prior owner, or expanding an established company, our attorneys navigate clients through the municipal, state and federal administrative and community approvals process, including representation before local licensing boards and the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission. Our attorneys have successfully represented hospitality clients in a variety of fields, utilizing an in-depth understanding of the industry, regulation, and M.G.L. c.138.
Our firm can assist in several facets of the law including:
● Business entity formation: limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, sole proprietorships, joint ventures, partnerships and corporations.
● Business entity organization, corporate governance, drafting and reviewing bylaws and other charter documents.
● Alcoholic Beverages Licensing and Permitting.
● Entertainment Licensing.
● Negotiations with state agencies: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, local licensing & zoning boards, and the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission.
● Business transactions: purchase and sale agreements, mergers, acquisitions, financing.
● Employment law: wrongful termination, discrimination, drafting employee manuals, non-compete agreements, employment contracts
● Intellectual property and trademark law.
● Business, wholesaler and contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duties, stockholder member or partnership disputes.
● Leases of property for your hotel or restaurant, financing, zoning and land use, landlord/tenant law.
● Hospitality industry and business contracts: non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements.